When my twin boys turned 12 and became full-fledged Boy Scouts, it wasn’t long before I was shopping around for backpacks. I knew they’d each need one since our troop got out and explored the mountains in our area every month. I searched all over, online and local, looking for a good pack that would last awhile without breaking the bank. Having no luck meeting these requirements at Cabela’s, REI or even Recreation Outlet here in Utah, I stumbled across the most killer deal at Sportsman’s Warehouse.
Check out the Scout3400, by TETON Sports!
- 3400 cubic inches / 55 liters
- 4.5 lbs
- rugged, internal frame
- adjustable height shoulder straps
- top-loading main compartment
- seperate sleeping bag compartment
- two side zippered pockets
- side and front mesh pockets
- top zippered pocket for smaller accessories
- padded water bladder pocket for hydration systems
- built-in rain fly
ALL this for only only $49.99… yes, FIFTY BUCKS! Without hesitation, I picked up one of each of the two colors available (green and orange). What a great pack for a great price…perfect for the young scouter. They ever offer a larger model for bigger scouts. That’s the kind of deal I was looking for – THANK YOU Teton Sports and Sportsman’s Warehouse!!